Dick 's episode appearances
Episode 69 Dick Bodman’s Remarkable Career and Life Lessons.
What do you do with a good friend who has had a successful career in many fields, who seems to be good at everything, and is interesting on a wide range of topics? Well, in my case, I bring him on my show.
- Managing General Partner,VMS Group(formerly AT&T Ventures and VMS,Inc.)
- President,Venture Management Services, Inc.
- Managing Member, VMS Fund Administration, LLC (VMSFA), providers of accounting and financial services for 250+ venture capital funds
- Chairman, TDF Ventures, owners and managers of telecommunications-related venture capital funds
- Co-Founder & Chairman, PurThread™Technologies, Inc., maker of antimicrobial textile products
- Managing Manager, Bodman Oil & Gas, LLC
- Board& Exec Comm Member,The Buck Institute for Research on Aging
- Board & Exec Comm Member,The La Jolla Institute for Immunology
- President,The Forum Club of Southwest Florida
- Partner,Touche Ross & Co.(now Deloitte & Touche)
- Assistant Secretary of the U.S. Department of Interior, and Assistant Director of the Office of Management and Budget in the Nixon administration
- CFO of Communications Satellite Corp., later President and CEO of Comsat General Corp.and President of Satellite Television Corp.
- President,Washington National Investment Corp., a private equity firm investing in mid-size companies
- SVP, Corporate Strategy & Development, member of the Management Executive Committee,AT&T
- Founder & Chairman,AT&T Ventures(now VMS Group)
- Lead Director, Sandia National Laboratories
- Trustee,Morristown Hospital System(NJ), Naples Community Healthcare System, NCH(FL)
- Trustee The Boys and Girls Club of America, and the San Francisco Spring Opera
- Public Board Member,Reed Elsevier,Young & Rubicam, Internet Security Systems, Lin Broadcasting, Tyco International, &National Housing Partnerships.
Holds an MS in Industrial Management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a BS in Engineering from Princeton University; also a Certified Public Accountant.
Free time activities include keeping up with technology, basic medical research, reading and golf.
Dick’s wife, Karna Small Bodmanis an author, formerly Sr. Director of the National Security Council, TV Commentator and Anchor Newswoman, and singer. They reside part-time in Washington, DC and Rancho Santa Fe, CA